What are the objectives of this course?
This course is designed to give supervisors, managers and team leaders the knowledge they need to manage the health and safety of themselves and their teams.
The exam consists of 20 multiple choice questions and a practical assessment which needs to be completed and sent back within 2 weeks of course completion.
- Recognise the importance of managing health and safety in a workplace environment.
- Understand the legalities of implementing a health and safety management strategy in a workplace setting.
- Understand the individual responsibilities of managers and supervisors.
- Recognise health and safety risks that may present themselves in the workplace environment.
- Know the difference between “active” and “reactive” monitoring and recognise when and how to use these different monitoring approaches correctly and to optimum effect.
Who is it intended for?
This qualification is perfect for you if you’re a manager or supervisor in any industry and you need to prove your understanding of health and safety best practices to help create a safer working environment.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
This course can be combined with other health and safety qualifications depending on career development goals. Students who have the IOSH Managing Safely certification can function in roles such as health and safety manager, health, safety & facilities manager and health, safety & compliance manager.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018