The Academic English course at CSLI is designed to focus on
- Grammar Structures
- Academic Vocabulary Building
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing Skills
This course allows students to improve their reading skills and grammar accuracy in both spoken and written English.
In this class, a wide variety of reading texts are studied in detail. The diversity in content exposes students to a broad range of vocabulary and grammar, as well as literary forms.
Students practice reading comprehension and analyze relationships between words as they practice using new vocabulary in different contexts.
Grammar points are reviewed and close attention is paid to students’ grammatical accuracy during speaking exercises.
2018 Start Dates: Jan 2, Jan 29, Mar 5, Apr 2, Apr 30, Jun 4, Jul 3, Aug 7, Sep 4, Oct 1, Nov 5, Dec 3.
- Class focus: Grammar structure, Vocabulary building, Reading comprehension, Writing skills
- Hours per week: 15 hours
- Language levels: 6 levels, from Low Intermediate to Advanced
- Maximum class size: 16 students (Average: 14 students)
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Classes start every month
Can be combined with another class to create a full-time program (30 hours/week)
Program taught in: