General & Intensive English
- Venue: Lansdowne campus, Bournemouth
- Duration: Flexible, from 4 weeks – 40 weeks
- Start dates: Any Monday during term time except for UK Bank Holidays or directly before a college holiday
For these courses, you must be 16 years or older. If applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa provide proof of your English language level, e.g. minimum UKVI IELTS 4.0 in each discipline. If you are applying to study on a Short-term Student Visa no proof of English is required.
Both our General English (15 hours per week) and Intensive English (21 hours per week) courses are designed to improve your English ability in speaking, listening, reading and writing. You will improve your knowledge and understanding of English grammar, learn new vocabulary and get help with your pronunciation.
Students taking our Intensive English programme will be offered help and practice in how to study for all parts of the IELTS examination, including timed exam practice.
Our Intensive English Language programme is aimed at:
- preparation for taking English Language qualifications, e.g. IELTS;
- preparation for reaching the required level of English to continue with further programmes at The College, or at a UK university
Our courses include:
- elementary through to advanced levels (subject to numbers)
- an average of 18 students per class
- highly qualified experienced teachers
- membership of Student Union
- free unlimited use of the internet and email during College opening hours
Upon reaching the required level of English Language you can apply for a further course at The College, or go on to University, or return to your home country.