For all those juggling projects of varied descriptions, this interactive class is the logical choice for development of project management principles and tool application for all types of industry. Previous experience is not necessary to benefit from this course. Acquire the must-have skills to successfully to deliver any project on time and within the outlined parameters.
- Project Management Definition And Principles: critical process elements and tool application, project charter development, successful project organization, obtaining customer and management support, and critical communication requirements;
- Project Manager: team leading & coordinating, negotiation skills, developing the project team, assessment of team members' skills. differences in formal and real authority; managing and resolving conflict, obtaining team commitment;
- Project Planning: validation of the project mission, defining objectives aligning objectives with the goal, developing the plan and budget, and work breakdown structure development;
- Project Scheduling: developing accurate estimates, resource leveling to prevent over allocation, scheduling method, determination of resource levels necessary to meet deadlines;
- Controlling The Project: managing change effectively, variance analysis and adjustment to remain on track; developing alternatives for less effective changes, risk identification, prevention and contingency analysis, reporting project status and formats, and identification of lessons learned for future projects.
Managers from all functional areas who need formal project management skill development.
See 31 more programs offered by University of Tulsa College of Business Administration »
This course is