Mapping and redesigning processes is a starting point. To achieve sustainable operational excellence (as Toyota and GE have done) you must master skills to optimize and improve cross-functional performance. That’s where Lean and Six Sigma come in.
Lean delivers a powerful approach to optimizing process flow. Six Sigma adds statistical tools to refine process performance. Together they enable strategic, continuous improvement that you can leverage to deliver products and services to your customers more quickly and at lower cost. This hands-on, two-day seminar will provide you with the tools and methods you need to “Lead with Lean and sweep with Six Sigma.” Specifically you will learn how to:
1) Use lean techniques to dramatically reduce waste
2) Measure responsiveness in terms of time and cost
3) Integrate Six Sigma techniques to achieve superior results
The combine power of Lean Management and Six Sigma can unlock the true potential and competitive advantage of your business processes.
- Mid- or upper-level manager of administration, operations or manufacturing
- Process owner and manager
- Leader of a lean management initiative
- Member of an operations improvement team
- Quality Manager
- Professional who is actively involved in your organization’s efforts to improve quality or reduce costs and cycle time