Provides decision makers with the skills to understand market research tools and unlock customer insights from the data generated by market research. Helps both B-to-B and B-to-C companies understand how the right blend of qualitative and quantitative tools can be used to gain powerful, valuable insights into customer needs and perceptions.
For companies in both B-to-B and B-to-C environments, this program will provide users of market research with the skills to ask the right questions and make the right decisions in order to gain sustainable competitive advantages.
The program provides a thorough understanding of how the right blend of qualitative and quantitative marketing research tools can be used to gain powerful, valid insights into customer needs and perceptions. Building a marketing strategy based upon deep customer insight can give a firm a powerful competitive advantage. This program helps managers achieve that goal.
During this course, you will:
- Understand the importance of a customer insight-driven business strategy
- Develop an insightful relationship with customers by understanding their rational and emotional needs
- Understand the role of ethnography in developing new customer insights
- Understand when you should trust a marketing research study and when you should be cautious
- Ask the right questions of your marketing researchers in order to gain valuable and actionable customer information
- Make appropriate decisions with the customer information that is gathered
- Obtain more accurate forecasts for new products
- Gain maximum value from your market research expenditures
Discussion, case analysis, and exercises facilitate participation and involvement in the seminar. In the evenings, participants work in study groups to prepare for the next day's case analyses.
- Creating a Customer Insight-Driven Organization
- No Marketing Research Is Better Than Bad >Marketing Research
- Understanding Consumers
- Understanding B-to-B Customers
- Quantitative Tools
- Experimentation In Marketing and Test Marketing
- Comprehensive Case Study
Program taught in:
See 43 more programs offered by Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University »
This course is