Designed for students who want to improve their English language skills in the areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Elementary to Advanced
- Study Period: 2-52 Weeks
- CRICOS: 085252K
- Flexible timetable
WHY STUDY GENERAL ENGLISH?
The emphasis is on communication and the course aims to provide students with the skills to communicate with native English speakers on a variety of topics frequently encountered in everyday conversation, and to complete transactions encountered while travelling or living in an English speaking country.
TOPIC OF AREAS COVERED
- Language for shopping, buying tickets, organising travel, reading timetables, travel information, menus, newspaper and magazine articles
- Expressing opinions and feelings
- Australian culture
- Excursions and practicing English in real-life settings
- The course encourages students to be active participants in the learning process by allowing students to discover grammar rules themselves, to create their own learning plans and discover their learner types.
What our students say
- “I am Hang. I come from Vietnam. I’m really happy with my English Course. I have studied at other Institutes and I like this program very much. The other Institutes did not help me as much. With Explore English, I feel the teacher and staff are friendly and enthusiastic. They discuss my purpose and help me improve my skills and I enjoy the course very much.”
Thu Hang Ta
- Hi, I am Andrej. I come from Slovenia. I’m happy with my English course at Explore English. Especially the teachers, they are very professional. The atmosphere is relaxing and everybody feels comfortable. I recommend the school for everybody. When I finish my English course, I will probably go study Diploma of Management because I would like to stay in Australia forever
|Speaking and listening
||Focus on social context
||Fundamental grammar with lots of practice
||Functional everyday use
|Writing and Reading
||Academic and useful everyday English
||Classroom and student mingling sessions
||Weekly tests in speaking vocabularly and grammar Tri-weekly tests reading, writing and listening
Program taught in:
See 3 more programs offered by Explore English »
This course is
Melbourne: The World's Most Liveable City