International Baccalaureate, (iB) & United Kingdom, British Curriculum
English Training Lounge - The Professional's Choice
English Training Lounge - The International Baccalaureate® (IB): Middle Years (MY), Career Related Program (CP) & Diploma Program (DP) support courses and tuition
International Baccalaureate Middle Years, (MY) Program support and tuition
'The MY Program is a challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world.' (Taken from the IBO website). The MY, Middle Years program is a five-year program of secondary education for 11 to 16-year-olds. Students who complete the MY program are well-prepared to undertake the IB Diploma Program (DP), Career-related Program (CP) or even the UK Curriculum A, Level course. The MY Program curriculum The MY Program curriculum framework consists of eight subject groups, providing a broad yet balanced educational curriculum for secondary/high school students between the ages of 11 to 16 years old. The MYP requires at least 50 hours of teaching time for each subject group, in each year of the program. In the final two years of the program, carefully-defined subject group flexibility allows students to meet local requirements and personal learning goals. The 8 subject groups:
- Language acquisition: The study of an additional language
- Language and literature: English as a first language covering - Listening, reading, writing, viewing & presenting
- Individuals and societies: Humanities & Social Science
- Sciences: Traditional sciences and also additional courses such as Earth Science and Sports Science
- Arts: Practical as well as understanding art in culture
- Physical and health education.
- Design: all aspects of practical design and understanding design and its effects in the world
English Training Lounge offers full tuition support in helping those studying for any of the 8 subject groups of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program to get the edge and to develop what they have already studied to a greater extent. Added to this, at ETL we also offer extra support for those who need that little bit more to excel in the classroom and beyond!
International Baccalaureate Diploma, (DP) Program support and tuition
The Diploma curriculum is designed around the DP core and six subject groups. Consisting of three required components, the DP core aims to broaden students’ educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills to meet the standard needed for progression to college or university study. The three core elements are:
- Theory of knowledge, (TOK is assessed through an oral presentation and a 1,600-word essay) in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service, (CAS) in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
CAS requires students to take part in a range of activities and projects. These should always involve:
- Real, purposeful activities, with significant outcomes.
- Personal challenge.
- Thoughtful consideration, such as planning, reviewing progress, reporting.
- Reflection on outcomes and personal learning.
The six subject groups are:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The arts.
There are different courses within each subject group. As with all ETL courses, we offer flexible training times, including evenings and weekends if needed. English Training Lounge offers full IB DP support and tuition covering all of the 6 subjects, or as needed or required. We offer face to face or live online DP tuition and support to give all of our learners an extra help in passing the IB Diploma and securing the college or university place they desire!
International Baccalaureate Careers Program, (CP) support and tuition
The Careers Program curriculum is designed around the CP framework of international education that holds to the vision and educational principles of the IB. The Careers Program however, was specifically developed for students who wish to follow in career-related learning pathway after completion of MY Program. The CP provides a comprehensive educational framework that combines highly regarded and internationally recognized courses, from the IB Diploma Program (DP), with a unique CP core and an approved career-related study. The CP develops students to be:
- Academically strong
- Skilled in a practical field
- Critical and ethical thinkers
- Resilient and determined
- Confident and assured
- Caring and reflective
As with all ETL courses, we offer flexible training times, including evenings and weekends if needed.
English Training Lounge, GCSE, IGCSE & A, Level - English Preparation Program
This school offers programs in: