The foundation course in applied arts takes place over one year. It allows each student to forge solid pluridisciplinary artistic bases that are common to every profession in applied arts, whether in design, fashion, animation or interior architecture.
CONTINUING TO DEGREE COURSES AT LISAA
This is a key year for choosing a profession, continuing to degree courses at LISAA in graphic design, interior architecture & design, fashion, animation & video games, or to prepare for competitive exams for higher education fine art schools.
THREE TEACHING AIMS
- To reveal the creativity of each student through the learning of fundamental techniques: drawing, colour, composition, volume, perspective and graphic design.
- To raise students’ awareness of artistic culture in order to bring them the curiosity and open-mindedness required for a qualitative and enduring education.
- To allow the student to find their place amongst the different design professions and therefore prepare and choose, in complete confidence, which specialisation to follow.
Advantages of the Course
- Individual student guidance and several meetings throughout the year to monitor development, technical skills, course choice and to support students in their projects.
- Student participation in a week-long multidisciplinary workshop led by professionals.
- Presentation of projects to judging panels made up of professionals and teachers twice a year.
- Development of a personal project reflecting the creative universe of each student and their ability to develop a concept.
- Possibility to undertake a work placement from the foundation year onwards.
Entry Requirements & Application
Admission to LISAA Paris is dependent on presentation of a portfolio of personal work and an oral interview. The student’s technical and artistic capability in addition, above all, to their motivation and suitability will be evaluated with regards the specifics of disciplines in the design sector.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 6, 2018