Graduate Certificate in
Graduate Certificate In Food Media Centennial College
- Program Code: 1833
- School: School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts
- Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Program Type: Post-diploma program
- Program Length: 1 years/ 2 semesters
- Location: Progress Campus
Centennial College's Food Media graduate certificate program will bring together your passion for the food industry and media to provide you with the necessary skills to succeed as a food product creator, developer, presenter, advertiser, and marketer. Through a focus on the entrepreneurial use of personalized branding and marketing, you'll gain the know-how to successfully advertise and market your own food product or service.
Innovative and interactive courses will teach you to identify your target market audience, design and deliver creative messages, and negotiate for the appropriate media product to achieve the desired communication and presentation results. Using these creative skills and food knowledge, you'll harness the power of the media to deliver messages to attract revenue-generating streams and opportunities.
This graduate certificate program will be delivered in an intensive, three-day-per-week format (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) to provide flexibility for the working professional.
- Among the entrepreneurial opportunities, you'll be able to identify and implement will be food image and brand specialist, freelance food writer, marketing specialist, food segment producer, and entertainment and lifestyle professional.
- You'll be able to find employment in both the public and private sectors, including with advertising and marketing communications media agencies, health care and educational institutions, not-for-profit organizations, newspapers and magazines, television and radio broadcasting companies, and other media-based industries such as out-of-home marketing communications and trade promotions.
It’s Your Shift Training and Awareness Program
The program will include an innovative industry training and awareness certification, It’s Your Shift. The certification will equip you with crucial knowledge and provide current resources focused on sexual harassment prevention and safe practices for intervention as a frontline worker or manager. It will support you, as you enter the hospitality industry, to become a leader in the prevention of sexual harassment and contribute to the evolution of safe and welcoming work environments.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
| || |
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Conduct market segment research and analysis to determine best marketing and communication strategies to sell food products or services to target markets.
- Create innovative ideas to market and advertise food that influences consumer behavior and meet client objectives.
- Persuade others of the value, viability, and uniqueness of food products or services to secure equitable business partnerships and funding for an advertising and marketing communications plan.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and marketing communications initiatives to ensure the ongoing success of food products and services brought to market.
- Create television, video, and/or web content for multiple platforms for a food product or service in accordance with the brand vision.
- Execute and manage advertising and marketing communications plans using accounting, finance, business, and leadership best practices.
- Develop advertising and marketing communications plans in compliance with current industry standards, legislation, and business practices.
- Keep current with food trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader advertising and marketing industry sectors, to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Freelance Food Writer
- Food Stylist Editor
- Food Stylist Specialist
- Food Blogger
- Blog Editor
- Food Segment Producer
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.