Summer courses in
Summer course in design thinking for business transformation IED – Istituto Europeo di Design Barcelona
Innovation. Problem-solving. Creativity. Co-Creation. Customer value. These concepts have a tremendous impact on today’s business strategy. They are the ingredients that spur new growth opportunities, optimize business processes and create strong connections with customers. They are obvious, yet diffuse. We see these words everywhere we look today. But what do they really define? Are they real? Do they have any real impact on business or are they just a series of trendy words slapped on company slogans, advertisements, and annual reports?
Design Thinking is a human-centric group of work processes and frameworks that help identify, develop and deliver on these concepts creatively and efficiently. Real innovation delivers real results. Results in introducing new product-service experiences to create value in a business, in understanding the changing customer expectations, or in expanding existing markets. In essence, developing meaningful design solutions through a design thinking approach, co-created with all stakeholders, results in business transformation. This course is designed for professional who is looking to better define, shape, and implement innovative strategies in their respective ecosystems and deliver higher value to their businesses.
This Professional Summer Course is designed for professionals working in Sales, Human Resources, Innovation, R+I+D, Marketing, Communications, business development, Design and Management departments willing to work at a strategic level.
Action. Reflection. Learn.
This intensive course is built as an experiential learning incubator: each day starts with an intensive workshop on the day’s exploration topic that allows the participant to get a deeper understanding of Design Thinking methods by relating those key concepts and tools to that experience. The structure of the entire workshop itself is built on the divergence/convergence principle.
Learning outcomes for the program are:
- Imbed the notion of action/reflection/learning when facing challenges in a project as well as in work processes.
- Gain an experiential understanding of design thinking concepts, tools, and methodologies
- Be able to apply these concepts in various contexts
- Redefine / frame problems and needs
- Identify design and business opportunities through a holistic view
- Implement the design thinking concepts to create a viable product or service
- Identify, understand and transmit your findings to appropriate stakeholders
- Gain better insights on existing/future customers
- Understand customer needs/problems and wants/emotions
- Enhance company value by identifying and acting on new opportunities efficiently
- How to lead teams through the creative process
- Distinguish between the experience phase and implementation phase
- Prototype fast to clarify concepts and get valued feedback
- Validate and sell the ultimate story to stakeholders