Applying IFRS London Business Training & Consulting
This IFRS course demonstrates the key elements of IFRS. It defines the scope of financial reporting and its relevance to stakeholders.
By attending this course, you will understand how implementing IFRS has an impact on all aspects of an organization.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Overview of IFRS
The need for IFRS
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
The Conceptual Framework
Overview of standards
The objectives of financial reporting
What has to be included in financial statements
Understanding the treatment of income and costs
Understanding the treatment of assets and liabilities
The transition to IFRS
Financial analysis tools and techniques
Relevance of corporate governance
Future IFRS considerations
IFRS Implementation Review
The first time adoption process as a project
Gap Analysis – actual outcome v desired outcome
Adopting changes in standards
Summary and recap of key learning objectives
This IFRS course is suitable for:
- Financial staff who need an introduction to IFRS.
- Financial staff who wish to develop a greater understanding of the concepts and applications of IFRS.
- Analysts and non-financial staff who need to understand IFRS but are not necessarily practitioners.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- The key concepts of IFRS and their application.
- How the information included in financial reports informs decision-making.
- How to work through the initial and ongoing implementation of IFRS.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.