Associate of Science in
Associate of Science in Architecture - Architectural Design Concentration Mt. San Antonio College
This program prepares students to enter the field of architecture and related areas. The student is provided with an option of direct employment in the field or preparation for transfer to a professional school of architecture. The Design Concentration focuses on studio-based design projects, drawing, and presentation skills. The student will develop a portfolio of work relevant to their concentration.
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- Successfully transfer to a four-year university in a related major.
- Be employed or seeking employment in the field or in a related area.
- Present and evaluate the pros and cons of a particular architectural design alternative solution.
This degree requires the completion of General Education coursework plus the following:
- ARCH 101 Design I - Elements of Design 4
- ARCH 102 Design II - Architectural Design 4
- ARCH 121 CADD and Digital Design Media Level I 4
- ARCH 122 Architectural Presentations 4
- ARCH 142 Architectural Materials and Specifications 4
- ARCH 180 Science Concepts for Sustainable Design and Environmental Control 3
- ARCH 201 Design III - Environmental Design 4
- ARCH 202 Design IV - Sustainable Design Advanced Project 4
- ARCH 221 Architectural Rendering and Illustration 3
- ARCH 222 Advanced Digital Media, Generative, and Algorithmic Design and Illustration 3
- ARCH 280 Structural Design Level I 3
Total Units 40
ENGL 1C, MATH 150, and PHYS 2AG are typically required for transfer to a professional school of architecture. Verify all requirements with the transfer institution.