Associate Degree in
Associate Degree in Elementary Teacher Education Riverside City College
The Associate of Arts in Elementary Teacher Education for Transfer (AA-T) offers lower-division coursework examining content area subject matter requirements for teaching at the elementary school level. Students will explore the core principles and practices of a liberal studies curriculum to build a foundation appropriate for entry into advanced study in teacher preparation.
The students also can participate in supervised fieldwork in K-8 settings. This degree is designed to facilitate students transferring to the California State University System with an Associate Degree in Elementary Teacher Education. With this degree, the student will be prepared to enter into a Bachelor's Degree Program designed to prepare them to teach in a K-8 classroom. This option prepares students for transfer to CSU to major in either a General Track Liberal Studies Program or an Integrated Liberal Studies/Multiple Subject Teaching Credential Program.
Scholarships and Funding
Financial Aid Support for Your Educational Goals
There are many types of financial aid available to you at RCC. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application is required for most financial aid forms. Types of financial aid include grants, scholarships, tuition waivers, and student loans.
- Federal Pell Grant (Part of FAFSA application)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG - Part of FAFSA application)
State of California Grants
- California College Promise
- Cal Grant Program
- Student Success Completion Grant
- Chafee Grant Program for eligible foster youth and former foster youth
- California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program (CNG EAAP)
Riverside Community College District Scholarship
There are over 250 scholarships available to students through the RCCD Foundation, and only one application is needed to apply. If you are an admitted student at RCC and have a student email address, you can apply for scholarships offered by the RCCD Foundation.
CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship
International Students at Riverside City College are welcome to apply for CGACC-RCC Scholarship. This scholarship is in the form of a tuition fee reduction estimated at $1,250. The application deadline for CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship is July 25, and the results of the students selected are typically announced by August 6.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must be a new or continuing international student who will study full-time at one of the RCCD colleges (Riverside City College, Norco College, or Moreno Valley College) on an F-1 Student Visa in the fall semester. Transfer students can also apply. New international students who apply for the scholarship must have a completed RCC international student application, submit all required documents, and receive an RCCD I-20.
Elementary Teacher Education - ADT (CSU and UC)
- Education 1 --- 3
- English 1A/1AH --- 4
- Ethnic Studies 1 or 3 or 7 or 8 (If IGETC takes Sociology 10) --- 3
- Math 26 --- 3
- Biology 1 --- 3
- Art History 1/ 1H or 2/ 2H or 5 or 6/ 6H or Music 19/ 19H or Theater Arts 3 --- 3
- Early Childhood Education 20 --- 3
- English 1B/ 1BH --- 4
- Geography 3 --- 3
- Communication Studies 1 --- 3
- Anthropology 2/ 2H or 3 or 4 --- 4
- History 6/6H --- 3
- History 1 --- 3
- Physics 10 and 11 --- 4
- Art 1 or Spanish 1 --- 3
- Chemistry 2A --- 4
- Geography 4 --- 3
- Health Science 1 --- 4-5
- Political Science 1/ 1H --- 3
If following IGETC you will need additional Math Courses from Math 12/ 12H or 25 or Psychology 48 or Sociology 48
For alternative CSU/UC General Education options, refer to the RCC Catalog under Requirements for College Transfer.
Program Tuition Fee
Salaries Range : $27,920-$127,233
- Kindergarten Teacher, except Special Ed.
- Elementary School Teacher except for Special Ed.
- Middle School Teacher except for Special Ed. & CTE
- Education Administrators, Elementary School
- Instructional Coordinators
- Teacher Assistants