Associate Degree in
Associate Degrees for Transfer in Economics Riverside City College
Economics is a broad discipline that helps us understand historical trends, interpret today’s headlines, and make predictions about the coming years. It is the study of scarcity, how people use resources, and the study of decision-making and policies about resources. An economic study of individual decisions is called microeconomics, and the study of the economy as a whole is called macroeconomics.
Economics majors are successful in a wide variety of careers. Although various roles in businesses are most common, economics majors are successful in law, medicine, government, non-profits, and international relations, as well as in academic roles. Completion of the Associate Degree in Science in Economics for Transfer (ADT) will prepare you to meet minimum lower-division admission requirements (60 transferable units) for transfer to a California State University (CSU) and the University of California (UC) system. For the transfer to a UC, please consult with a counselor for additional courses that may be needed. The Economics program map below includes all of your major coursework and recommended general education courses by term that is needed to fulfill your degree and transfer requirements. For more information about the different sectors that employ economists, visit the American Economics Association (AEA) website.
Scholarships and Funding
Financial Aid Support for Your Educational Goals
There are many types of financial aid available to you at RCC. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application is required for most financial aid forms. Types of financial aid include grants, scholarships, tuition waivers, and student loans.
- Federal Pell Grant (Part of FAFSA application)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG - Part of FAFSA application)
State of California Grants
- California College Promise
- Cal Grant Program
- Student Success Completion Grant
- Chafee Grant Program for eligible foster youth and former foster youth
- California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program (CNG EAAP)
Riverside Community College District Scholarship
There are over 250 scholarships available to students through the RCCD Foundation, and only one application is needed to apply. If you are an admitted student at RCC and have a student email address, you can apply for scholarships offered by the RCCD Foundation.
CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship
International Students at Riverside City College are welcome to apply for CGACC-RCC Scholarship. This scholarship is in the form of a tuition fee reduction estimated at $1,250. The application deadline for CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship is July 25, and the results of the students selected are typically announced by August 6.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must be a new or continuing international student who will study full-time at one of the RCCD colleges (Riverside City College, Norco College, or Moreno Valley College) on an F-1 Student Visa in the fall semester. Transfer students can also apply. New international students who apply for the scholarship must have a completed RCC international student application, submit all required documents, and receive an RCCD I-20.
Economics - ADT (CSU and UC)
- English 1A --- 4
- Math 1A --- 4
- Economics 7/ 7H or 8/ 8H --- 3
- Communication Studies 1, 6, or 9 --- 3
- Political Science 1 --- 3
- English 1B/1BH --- 4
- Math 1B 4
- Economics 8/ 8H or 7/ 7H --- 3
- History 6/6H or 7/7H --- 3
- Language other than English (LOTE Only for UC Transfer- See a Counselor) --- 4-5
*L.O.T.E. can be met with 2 years of the same language in high school (C or better grade)
- Economics 5, 6, or 10 --- 3
- Math 12/ 12H --- 4
- Biology 19 --- 3
- Music 25 or 26 --- 3
- Any CSU/ UC Elective --- 3
- Economics 9/ 9H --- 3
- Sociology 12 --- 3
- History 6/6H or 7/7H --- 3
- Oceanography or Geology 1/1L --- 4
For alternative CSU/UC General Education options, refer to the RCC Catalog under Requirements for College Transfer.
Program Tuition Fee
Salaries Range : $63,880 - $110,580
- Finance and Insurance
- Fed Govt., excluding postal service
- Scientific Research and development
- Management and technical consulting services
- State and Local Govt., excluding education and hospitals