SOS - School of Sustainability - based in Milan, Italy, is a post graduate academy by Mario Cucinella focused on training emerging professionals in the field of sustainability.
SOS is open to recent graduates and industry partners to develop innovative projects with a positive impact on society, the economy, and the environment through education, practice, and research.
SOS is a creative laboratory born in close collaboration with Mario Cucinella Architects (MCA), where training is inspired by active projects and expertise in a professional practice setting.
Provide the highest quality practice-based experience and opportunities for the next generation of professionals.
Serve as a nexus for the exchange of knowledge for the building industry, the community, and the profession.
Develop a culture of responsible and sustainable design methods, processes, and practices.
To Design the Future
- To advance a humanistic approach to architecture and urban design while addressing our present and future challenges
- To advance architecture’s cultural, social, economic, and environmental impact, relevance and value
- To define processes of transformation for a sustainable world and lead systemic change through collaboration
To Define the Future
- Of professional education through a revolutionary model of integrated education/research/practice
- Of practice by transforming the professional development path and changing to an open and shared culture
- Of the profession by repositioning architects through innovative and intelligence driven strategies
To Imagine a future where
- The intelligent investment of design positions us as global experts, leaders, and stewards of the environment;
- The design delivers outstanding quality that is responsive and sustainable;
- All stakeholders are involved in the initiation of the project;
- Decisions are performance-based and value-driven;
- All communications throughout the design and building process are clear, concise, open, transparent, and trusting;
- Outcomes are innovative and visionary.
- A professional school for recent graduates and yooung professionals to build experience in a setting that integrates education, research, and practice.
- A comprehensive program, combining principles with a practice-based approach to the design and application of the most advanced methods, processes, and tools.
- A distinguished training setting with a focus on the application of sustainable architecture, from urban to product scale, from developing to advanced communities.
- By embracing global challenges at a local scale through co-design and public participation.
- At the intersection of academic and research institutions, government, industry, professional organizations, and the public.
- At the forefront of practice-based and use-inspired research for the built environment industry and the profession.
- Recent Graduates and Emerging Professionals into the Next Generation of Leaders.
SOS offers Value
- SOS is founded on the collaboration, interaction, and partnering of a wide range of experts, individuals, groups, and organizations.
- The SOS experience offers each and all unique value.