Degree in Business Administration and Management + University Expert in International Relations Universidad Europea del Atlántico
The double degree of the Degree in Business Administration + University Expert in International Relations at the Universidad Europea del Atlántico aims to respond to the challenges posed by international society.
The objective of these studies is to train competent and responsible professionals capable of understanding and analyzing all types of international relations -political, economic, social and technological-, providing solutions to conflicts and planning strategies and tactics that promote rapprochement and collaboration between nations.
This is achieved through a solid comprehensive training in matters such as international relations, geopolitics, geostrategy, comparative political systems, foreign policy and trade, languages, etc.
This global and rigorous degree is designed together with relevant international personalities who accompany our students in the training process, in addition to providing our students with a solid academic foundation.
Our students will develop the necessary skills to carry out tasks of advice, decision-making, management, negotiation, international representation of state or intergovernmental public institutions.
This double degree has among its teachers active professionals in the international arena, and among its students young people from different parts of the world, which will allow them to acquire a global vision of the problems that occur in the world and their solutions.
Students will make an optional visit to the main European institutions in order to know directly how they work. They will also visit other organizations and agencies, where they will have interviews with political and economic representatives.
This international visit is the perfect complement to finish the studies of International Relations, contemplate a cultural, political and economic vision of the main European institutions and know first-hand the place where negotiations begin in other countries of the European Union.
Students must reach a C1 level of English at the end of the program. If a student's level of English is not sufficient to perform English III, they will be able to improve their level of English during the first year.
As an option, but highly recommended, students will be able to study French and / or German during their degree to complete their training.
Students of the Double Degree in Business Administration and Management + University Expert in International Relations will be able to perform functions with medium or higher responsibility in areas such as:
- Official of the organs and agencies of external projection.
- Official of Intergovernmental Organizations of a world and regional character.
- International policy consultant.
- International affairs advisor.
- Responsible for communication of intergovernmental organizations and NGOs.
- Consultant for transnational companies.
English at University
English, the key to your present and future
Currently, one of the essential tools in international communication, and the key that opens the possibilities to find a good job both in Spain and abroad, is English. In our country, 80% of job offers already require an excellent command of this language and, on many occasions, this criterion is imposed above others such as the record or professional career.
That is why at the Universidad Europea del Atlántico students of all grades, from the second year study English as a compulsory subject, and from the third year they also take full courses in this language.
So that the previous level of English does not pose a barrier to access to studies, UNEATLANTICO provides personalized teaching, especially during the first year, so that all students achieve sufficient language skills in English with which to successfully pass the subjects of the career.
In this way, regardless of their starting level of English, with a global support plan based on tutorials, specific materials and very small work groups, the student can follow the classes in a Spanish / English bilingual system progressively and at At the end, they will have acquired bilingual skills for the exercise of their profession.
Practice your profession
UNEATLANTICO reproduces real work environments
The Campus of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico is designed for students to put their profession into practice from the first year. Thus, the University has modern and well-equipped facilities where the work environments in which students will be incorporated once the degree is finished are reproduced.
The teaching team motivates the university students to get involved in the life of the Campus, guides them to start projects and ideas that allow them to develop their profession from day one. The educational model is not limited to complying with the curricular activity of the students but to guaranteeing their theoretical-practical training and the total involvement of the student in their professional environment.
In addition, the University has numerous internship agreements with companies from different sectors that complement the learning of university students and favor the development of transversal skills that will be necessary for them when applying for a job. The teachers-tutors are in charge of guiding and supervising the work of the students and thus favoring the maximum use of their contact with the business world.
Students participate in the Center for Business Projects of the University developing IDI projects aimed at the industrial sector that are developed through the Center for Research and Industrial Technology of Cantabria (CITICAN). The Universidad Europea del Atlántico helps you put your dreams into practice.
At the end of the program, the student will obtain the title of GRADUATE OR GRADUATE IN ADMINISTRATION AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION + UNIVERSITY EXPERT IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, issued by the Universidad Europea del Atlántico .
The degree is aimed at people who are clear about their professional and personal goals, who contribute maturity and contribute to mutual enrichment with the rest of their colleagues. This is intended to provide candidates with a context in which to develop a profitable long-term relationship with classmates, professors, alumni, and the institution.
In general, candidates to study at the University must meet the following qualities:
- Leadership: the University expresses its interest in candidates capable of working as a team, with self-confidence, with initiative, capable of working under pressure, with communication skills and a high sense of ethics.
- Academic trajectory and professional motivation: candidates must have completed their access studies to the Spanish university system within a reasonable period of time and with satisfactory academic results. Likewise, certain previous professional experience is considered positive, as well as any other complementary training that the candidates have carried out and contribute in the application.
- Languages: given the international and global character with which it is intended to provide the University, the command and use of the English language is an admission requirement valued during the admission process.
Likewise, non-Spanish-speaking students who enter the university must prove the level required to study in Spanish. In any case, any other language will be valued as a differentiating element during the admission process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Global citizens.
Objectives in their training:
- A prestigious international institution.
- Flexibility in the curriculum.
- Innovative learning methodologies.
- Personalized teaching: small groups, tutoring systems.
- Practical approach oriented to the labor market: workshops, conferences, internships.
- Exchange programs with world universities.
- Integral formation.
In addition to the general data of the students of this University, the students of the Degree in Business Administration and Management will respond to the following specific characteristics of the degree:
The following criteria are indicative and will meet, in any case, the criteria of non-discrimination based on race, nationality, ideology, sex or religion. It will be valued positively:
- Interest and concern for culture in general, both his own and that of other regions.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in reflecting on the value of intercultural political communication, discovering the reason for the rules about how contemporary societies are organized and how international social actors interact and innovate in their organizational and decision-making modes.
- The facility in oral and written expression.
- International experience through trips or school stays.
- The understanding of ethics as the ultimate engine of human decisions.
The recommended academic profile is one that meets the access requirements set out on this website. In addition, an interdisciplinary, inclusive profile is pursued and open to a diversity of possible profiles since we are aware of the richness it brings.
This interdisciplinary, inclusive and open profile referring to post-compulsory high school students who will access the degree, refers to the fact that it is not necessary to have completed a specific branch of Baccalaureate to be admitted to the degree title. It is considered that the diversity of academic profiles of the students enriches the teaching-learning group.