Degree in Journalism + University Expert in International Relations Universidad Europea del Atlántico
The double degree of the Degree in PER + University Expert in International Relations of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico aims to respond to the challenges posed by today's society.
The objective of these studies is to train journalists who respond to the characteristics of a new hyper-connected society on a global scale, in which communicators must face the challenge of promoting understanding and exchange as geographical barriers dissolve. For this reason, it seeks to train professionals who have the ability to develop their work from the foundations of a solid training in international relations.
In this way, these studies emphasize, within the framework of the global competencies associated with the exercise of the journalistic profession, comprehensive training in matters such as international relations, public relations, foreign policy, cooperation or international trade, relying on the domain of the customary languages of supranational institutions and world markets.
This global and rigorous degree is designed together with relevant international personalities who accompany our students in the training process, in addition to providing our students with a solid academic foundation.
Our students will develop the necessary skills to practice as journalists specialized in international issues, correspondent, heads of communication offices of supranational institutions, non-governmental organizations and companies characterized by internationalization or communication consultants specialized in international issues within any type of institution.
This double degree has among its teachers active professionals in the international arena, and among its students young people from different parts of the world, which will allow them to acquire a global vision of the problems that occur in the world and their solutions.
Students will make an optional visit to the main European institutions in order to know directly how they work. They will also visit other organizations and agencies, where they will have interviews with political and economic representatives. This international visit is the perfect complement to finish the studies of International Relations, contemplate a cultural, political and economic vision of the main European institutions and know first-hand the place where negotiations begin in other countries of the European Union.
Students must reach a C1 level of English at the end of the program. If a student's level of English is not sufficient to complete English III, they will be able to improve their level of English during the first year. Optionally, but highly recommended, students will be able to study French and / or German during the degree to complete their training.
Students of the Double degree in Journalism + University Expert in International Relations will be able to perform functions in areas such as:
- Journalist specialized in international issues for the press, radio, television or internet.
- Correspondent in foreign countries for the media.
- Responsible for the international area in communication offices of public institutions, companies and other non-governmental organizations of a local, national or supranational nature.
- Communication advisor for issues related to international relations in cooperation, internationalization and public relations processes.
English at University
English, the key to your present and future
Currently, one of the essential tools in international communication, and the key that opens the possibilities to find a good job both in Spain and abroad, is English. In our country, 80% of job offers already require an excellent command of this language and, on many occasions, this criterion is imposed above others such as the record or professional career.
That is why at the Universidad Europea del Atlántico and the Degree in Journalism, training in this language is promoted and four compulsory English language subjects are included in the study plan with the aim that the student reaches a high level in this idiom. In addition, the international profile of the university promotes and facilitates the development of this language.
So that the previous level of English does not pose a barrier to access to studies, UNEATLANTICO provides personalized teaching, especially during the first year, so that all students achieve sufficient language skills in English with which to successfully pass the subjects of the career.
In this way, regardless of their starting level of English, with a global support plan based on tutorials, specific materials and very small work groups, the student can follow the classes in a Spanish / English bilingual system progressively and at At the end, they will have acquired bilingual skills for the exercise of their profession.
Practice your profession
UNEATLANTICO reproduces real work environments
The Campus of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico is designed for students to put their profession into practice from the first year. Thus, the University has modern and well-equipped facilities where work environments are reproduced: radio studios, television sets, production controls, post-production room, photographic editing stations and computer rooms.
The teaching team motivates the university students to get involved in the life of the Campus, guides them to start projects and ideas that allow them to develop their profession from day one. The educational model is not limited to complying with the curricular activity of the students but to guaranteeing their theoretical-practical training and the total involvement of the student in their professional environment.
In addition, the University has numerous internship agreements with companies from different sectors that complement the learning of university students and favor the development of transversal skills that will be necessary for them when applying for a job. The professors-tutors are in charge of guiding and supervising the work of the students and thus favoring the maximum use of their contact with the business world in the field of journalism.
Students can practice competencies that bring them closer to the professional world, such as participating in university radio or making journalistic programs for television. The Universidad Europea del Atlántico helps you put your dreams into practice.
At the end of the program, the student will obtain the title of GRADUATE OR GRADUATE IN JOURNALISM + UNIVERSITY EXPERT IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, issued by the Universidad Europea del Atlántico .
The degree is aimed at people who are clear about their professional and personal goals, who contribute maturity and contribute to mutual enrichment with the rest of their colleagues. This is intended to provide candidates with a context in which to develop a profitable long-term relationship with classmates, professors, alumni, and the institution.
In general, candidates to study at the University must meet the following qualities:
- Leadership: the University expresses its interest in candidates capable of working as a team, with self-confidence, with initiative, capable of working under pressure, with communication skills and a high sense of ethics.
- Academic trajectory and professional motivation: candidates must have completed their access studies to the Spanish university system within a reasonable period of time and with satisfactory academic results. Likewise, certain previous professional experience is considered positive, as well as any other complementary training that the candidates have carried out and contribute in the application.
- Languages: given the international and global nature with which the University is intended to provide, the command and use of the English language, as specified below, is an aspect consulted during the admission process. Likewise, non-Spanish-speaking students who enter the university must prove the level required to study in Spanish. In any case, any other language will be valued as a differentiating element during the admission process.
Likewise, non-Spanish-speaking students who enter the university must prove the level required to study in Spanish. In any case, any other language will be valued as a differentiating element during the admission process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Global citizens.
Objectives in their training:
- A prestigious international institution.
- Flexibility in the curriculum.
- Innovative learning methodologies.
- Personalized teaching: small groups, tutoring systems.
- Practical approach oriented to the labor market: workshops, conferences, internships.
- Exchange programs with world universities.
- Integral formation.
In addition to the general data of the students of this University, the students of the Degree in Journalism will respond to the following specific characteristics of the degree:
The following criteria are indicative and will meet, in any case, the criteria of non-discrimination based on race, nationality, ideology, sex or religion. It will be valued positively:
- Interest and concern for culture in general, both his own and that of other regions.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in reflecting on the value of intercultural political communication, discovering the reason for the rules about how contemporary societies are organized and how international social actors interact and innovate in their organizational and decision-making modes.
- The facility in oral and written expression.
- International experience through trips or school stays.
- The understanding of ethics as the ultimate engine of human decisions.
The recommended academic profile is one that meets the access requirements set out on this website. In addition, an interdisciplinary, inclusive profile is pursued and open to a diversity of possible profiles since we are aware of the richness it brings.
This interdisciplinary, inclusive and open profile referring to post-compulsory high school students who will access the degree, refers to the fact that it is not necessary to have completed a specific branch of Baccalaureate to be admitted to the degree title. It is considered that the diversity of academic profiles of the students enriches the teaching-learning group.