Foundation Year in
International Foundation Year Economics and Management University of Leicester Global Study Centre
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
In this programme, you will enter the International Foundation Year and are guaranteed progression to the first year of your chosen degree (if you meet the required criteria). Teaching takes place in the Global Study Centre (GSC) using dedicated lecturers who know the strengths and weaknesses of each student. The educational aims of the programme are to:
- Develop students’ fundamental knowledge and understanding of the relevant disciplinary elements in economics and management and related fields.
- Develop in students a broad range of transferable academic literacy, research and analytical skills to succeed in undergraduate study.
- Ensure that students have attained the prescribed level of English language competence to succeed on specified University of Leicester undergraduate programmes in related fields.
- To prepare students to operate effectively and autonomously within the framework of higher education.
- Develop students’ graduate attributes to optimize future employability prospects in a global environment.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.