Oakton Community College

Introduction

Founded in 1969, Oakton Community College opened its doors to 832 students in fall 1970. The “campus” consisted of four factory buildings at the intersection of Nagle Avenue and Oakton Street in Morton Grove. Search for a new site began almost immediately, but four years elapsed before the College purchased 170 acres of land between the Des Plaines River and a county forest preserve on the far western edge of the district. Site development began in 1975, and the first students walked through the doors of a new building for summer school classes in June 1980.

Locations

  • Golf Road,1600, 60016, Des Plaines

Questions