- Excellence in training job-ready graduates
- High-quality Government education
- Safe and friendly study environment
- Highly qualified teachers
- Award-winning student support
- World-class facilities
Tasmania’s cities are safe, friendly and offer a secure environment for study and living.
Tasmania offers the chance to be part of a growing, thriving community; offering a lively cultural and arts scene, cafes and restaurants, markets and music festivals. Tasmania is also a place of natural beauty and with nearly half the state protected World Heritage Area, national park or marine & forest reserve, it is no surprise that Tasmania has the cleanest air in the world.
Tasmania is only 1.5-hour flight from Melbourne and a 2 flight from Sydney
Safe, supportive & personal attention
At TasTAFE, Every international student has access to a full range of support services including contact with student advisors and dedicated English language teachers. TasTAFE is well resourced with dedicated teachers to uphold our reputation of being safe and supportive. There is also a 24/7 emergency contact line available for international students.
TasTAFE offers a range of courses from Certificate III level through to Advanced Diplomas. There are two main intake dates: February and July.
Learning areas include:
- English Language
- Business and Management
- Children’s Services
- Community Services
- Creative Industries
- Individual Support (Disability and Aged Care).
- Information Technology
- Science (Lab technology)
Diploma + Degree pathways
TasTAFE partners with the University of Tasmania to deliver Diploma + Degree packages. TasTAFE has a range of courses available to students that provide graduates with two qualifications: an Advanced Diploma/Diploma and a Bachelor Degree.
Complete one of the Diploma + Degree packages and you may receive direct entry into the second year of a Bachelor Degree.
Our Diploma + Degree Packages offer several benefits:
- Direct entry into TasTAFE courses from IELTS 5.5. You can start your course with lower IELTS than is required by Universities while gaining work placement training at the same time
- Dual qualification in your chosen field
- Provides practical work experience and career-focused skills via TasTAFE to complement the higher level theory at University
- Significantly reduces the total cost of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree.
Tuition fees at TasTAFE provide students with an affordable study option. On average, tuition at TasTAFE will cost approximately $AU13, 000 per year.
*Fees listed above cover tuition fees, including English Language tuition and access to Student Advisors.
* Admin Fees, Overseas Student Health Cover, Fees for books, uniforms and specific course materials are extra. Contact GETI Tasmania for more information.
TasTAFE has campuses in both of Tasmania’s main cities, Hobart and Launceston, so you are able to choose which city you would like to live in. The three main living options for TasTAFE students include: on-campus accommodation, private rental, or with a homestay family.
The annual cost of living is lower in Tasmania than other Australian states. Students should budget AUD$23,600 to AUD$29,000 per year to cover accommodation, transport, food, electricity and entertainment.