Flight School E-ATO-288
Being a part of a commercial airliner crew is a profession of the future that will allow you to truly enjoy your work. You can train at our school in Barcelona where we will prepare you and guide you towards your goal.
Why EAS Barcelona?
At EAS Barcelona, we know the importance of always being abreast of technological advancements in aviation. It is for this reason that we always want to have the latest technology and the newest materials. Our fleet of aircraft is completely new and has been acquired straight from the manufacturer. EAS Barcelona has also opted for the latest cockpit technology used in all modern aircraft of global airlines, with the representation of the flight data on large screens that offer more information and better interpretation of parameters. This is what is called a “Glass Cockpit”. We believe that both safety and quality are absolutely essential, and therefore we have new aircraft with all the latest technology. It is far from inadequate, but unfortunately, there is a frequent tendency that leads to that the average age of aircraft used for training in Spain to be 20 years old, and, consequently, does not have the latest developments in a sector in which technological advances are of great significance. Aircraft used are TECNAM 2002 for basic training and TECNAM 2006 for advanced training and IFR.
In regard to flight simulators, EAS BARCELONA has two – the only ones in Spain to be used for all flight phases – which employ only the newest and most recent technology.
The first Simulator certificate FNPTII is based on the same plane used in the TECNAM 2006 practices and the second is in the world’s most-used airliner: the AIRBUS 320.
2-Training in Barcelona
The EAS headquarters is in the city of Barcelona, where all the lectures are held and the flight simulator developed. The school’s location provides great comfort to students seeing as it is less than a hundred meters from the main railway station, the metro and the bus stops for intercity travel, traveling further distances, or for traveling to and from the main outlying villages. The cultural values, leisure, and services of the city of Barcelona are a great added bonus for students. Barcelona is a cosmopolitan city, with an inviting, open attitude and great atmosphere. With close to two million inhabitants, it stands as one of the great capitals of Mediterranean Europe. Its huge commercial and gastronomic offerings create an unparalleled atmosphere. Add to that its grand architecture from various eras – from the remains of Roman architecture in the Gothic Quarter to the plethora of breathtaking modernist buildings designed by great architects (such as Antoni Gaudí, who is always singled out), its urban layout and contemporary buildings, and the cultural and artistic appeal is undeniable. The geographical location of Barcelona is privileged as well – open to the sea, with a special port and great beaches, and extending into the mountain, into the Collserola mountain range, where you can enjoy outdoor exercise and spectacular views.
3-Experience in Training
EAS Barcelona arose from the initiative of a highly-specialized and experienced team with the objective of offering aviation training at the highest level. The management team of EAS Barcelona has more than twenty years of experience in the training and formation of pilots and cabin crew (flight attendants), having managed the largest aircraft training fleet in Europe. We also boast more than 150,000 flight instruction hours and have proudly trained and licensed more than 1,000 pilots and 200 cabin crew members. All of the personnel that makes up EAS Barcelona are specialized and highly-experienced in the field of aviation training, specifically in its implementation and operation, and is highly cooperative, working together in order to positively and effectively complete all of its work.
The administrative headquarters and general mailing address of EAS Barcelona are located on Rector Triadó Street, next to Sants Station. All of the theoretical classes and flight simulation training are carried out at this location. Individual meetings between the student and the corresponding parties involved in the student’s training, in relation to their progress, verification of instructional efficiency, addressing and resolving problems (if necessary) and periodical evaluations will also take place at this location. Flight sessions are completed at Sabadell Airport, in which EAS Barcelona has its own office and flight-tracker, flight preparation zone, and private lounges for both students and instructors. EAS Barcelona meets the needs of all of its students in a variety of ways:
- Theoretical and flight simulation training phases in a large city center (being Barcelona, Sants): The city’s location and layout provide students with quick and easy daily access. On the contrary, other, more distant educational enterprises (ones that are NOT EAS Barcelona) force students to waste a lot of time commuting.
- Classrooms are equipped with the most up-to-date technologies, IT, and computer software, but also equipped for the use of more “traditional” systems. That is to say – the use of advanced technology is of utmost importance in the process of learning, but the exclusive use of said technology could produce deficiencies.
- Radiotelegraphy (RT) Room: Students can complete their flight simulations from individual cabins, in a shared airspace with other instructional aircraft fleets, all of which faithfully represent actual aircraft. In another room, an instructor or controller manages the aviation space (and the flights) of aspiring pilot students in exactly the same way that real flights are controlled in real airspace (anywhere on the globe).
- Library: Seeing as current information technology allows for the storing of thousands upon thousands of digitized books in tablet form, the library is a place of silence, providing students with the comfort and more than adequate space to read, write, sketch, imagine, and above all, put into practice all they have learned throughout the duration of the course.
- Private Meeting Rooms: It is absolutely fundamental that the student receives, in a regular fashion, and especially whenever desired, the orientation, assessment, and solution to any consultation or concern that may arise in regard to their theoretical training. Using our private meeting rooms, located in the same building as the classrooms, the aforementioned consultation or concern can be met and handled with immediate action.
- Facilities for the flight phase (room for briefings, preparation and analysis of findings, along with the flight dispatch)in the Sabadell Airport’s service building: Students must be able to effectively arrange and organize all of the pre and post flight services; corresponding to both the flight school itself and those used by airport operators in air traffic control, instantly and in the best terms, for both quality and comfort. This is how the professional world works, and also how the best results are achieved – as operational as they are educational.
4-Our Mission and Vision
EAS Barcelona aspires to be a training institution with wholly-satisfied students, whose students are able to obtain the best possible result in their training. EAS Barcelona intends to be a leading aviation training enterprise in Europe synonymous with quality training. The word quality doesn’t just sound nice, despite its misuse by countless publicity-starved individuals or organizations. Nor is quality just an expression used with the intention of praising oneself for work done in an attempt to move one step closer to excellence. Maybe utter excellence doesn’t exist, but there ought to be certain of level of verifiers to mark the varying degrees of quality. Quality can be proven by satisfying results. In this manner, the aim of EAS Barcelona is that its students complete their training with the best possible results, accompanied by a wide range of skills: not just with their learned ability, but also with sound judgment, scientific knowledge, and occupational aptitude. The EAS Barcelona team has achieved this for several years. All of their pilots and cabin crew that have progressed through their formal training and are flying today are doing so with great success, in a multitude of national and international airlines. To speak of quality is speaking, more concretely, of safety and security. One doesn’t exist without the other. The matter of safety permeates every activity undertaken at EAS Barcelona. To EAS Barcelona, global safety requisites, which become more and more ambitious and stringent with time, and thus, more demanding, are not an inconvenient obstacle, nor a difficulty that must be overcome. Rather, they are an opportunity for constant improvement. A basis for action, and, fundamentally, our overall purpose. This characteristic of EAS Barcelona is the first unquestionable argument in recognition of quality and safety (at the highest level) as both inseparable and essential factors. In no way is it solely how we act (or how we want to act), but achieving one’s objectives in this and all areas is a part of EAS Barcelona’s very own DNA. It is only by extending the importance of quality and safety to everyone involved in EAS Barcelona at every level – be they instructors, organizers or directors – that these currently desired levels of quality and safety may be reached.
Programs taught in: