The Compton Community College District (CCCD) was established in 1927 as a component of the Compton Union High School District. In 1950, voters approved a bond issue separating the college from the high school district. Construction of the new college campus was completed on the present site. Classes began on the new campus in fall 1956.
The Compton Community College District encompasses an area of about 29 square miles, making educational services available to nearly 300,000 residents of Compton, Lynwood, Paramount and Willowbrook, as well as portions of Athens, Bellflower, Carson, Downey, Dominguez, Lakewood, Long Beach and South Gate. Today, about 290 full and part-time faculty teach more than 40-degree programs and 30 certificate programs.
90221 Compton, California, USA