Education that provides our students a way to gain the skills to fulfill their dreams, right where they are today and tomorrow.
That’s what we do here at Gateway Technical College.
Each year, Gateway’s strong education and hands-on, real-world training through 65 different programs provides the foundation for more than 21,000 students to earn the skills to a new career – or better themselves in their current one.
We value and serve our students and communities from Kenosha County, Racine County, and Walworth County through a nationally recognized innovative approach to career and technical education. Our students succeed after Gateway, too, with nine of 10 finding employment within six months of graduating and student satisfaction rates near 100 percent.
The college is led by a board of trustees, administration, staff, and faculty who are committed to excellence and meeting community needs. Since becoming the first publicly funded continuation school in Wisconsin and in the United States in 1911, Gateway is considered a model college because of its development of business partnerships, industry certifications weaved into the academic curriculum and a real-world approach to skill training.
Gateway Technical College collaborates with communities in Kenosha County, Racine County, and Walworth County to ensure economic growth and viability by providing education, training, leadership and technological resources to meet the changing needs of students, employers, and communities. Each year, Gateway’s 70+ academic programs provide a strong, hands-on education that forms the foundation for 18,000 students to meet their career goals.
We make life-changing educational opportunities a reality.
We deliver industry-focused education that is flexible, accessible, and affordable for our diverse community.
At Gateway Technical College, we value:
- a diversity of individuals and perspectives.
- a positive climate for working and learning.
- innovation and risk-taking.
- honest and ethical behavior.
- quality and excellence in education.
Board Ends Policy
The tri-county community benefits from affordable higher education that allows residents to develop knowledge and skills for family-supporting careers that contribute to the growth and sustainability of the local economy at a cost commensurate with the value of services provided.
- Students demonstrate the knowledge and skills and self-confidence required for employability, career advancement, a global perspective, and lifelong learning.
- Businesses benefit from a well-trained, educated workforce and access to customized business and workforce solutions that support a positive business climate.
- Taxpayers receive a positive return on investment from Gateway’s impact on the local tax base, property values, and overall economic development as well as the contributions of graduates to the tri-county community.
- Families are strengthened by the prosperity of their graduates, reduced unemployment or underemployment, and the availability of local jobs for family members.
- Educational partners, locally, nationally, and internationally, connect their students to Gateway’s well-developed career pathways courses, facilities, and educational resources.