How it all began
Great ideas often are born while studying in environments that foster innovation and that drive the will to do things differently. No better place for this to happen than the world’s most preeminent academic institution, the University of Oxford. Oxford Bright Scholars developed out of many conversations after late night walks home from the old libraries in Oxford, its founders have been in the process of reading for their degrees. United by a passion for education, we recognised that there were gaps in knowledge and sought to find ways to fill them in the most academically and culturally enriching way.
Firstly, we recognised the need to understand the influence of China’s economic and political landscape on the rest of the world. Also, having worked at large international corporations ourselves, we recognised how competitive it is to join the academic and professional arena and that applicants need to stand out from their peers somehow.
Bearing all this in mind, we set out to develop an exciting and interactive programme, which we could host in the economic hub of China, Shanghai. This is how our Summer School Programmes were born. Through our Summer School Programmes in China, we intend to create a platform that will encourage bright students to be creative, to develop leadership skills and be better stand out from their peers. We have set out on a mission to create opportunities for intellectually curious students to not only gain an insight into their chosen subject but also learn the skills that will enable them to excel.
We now look forward to putting our plan of action into a force to ensure we have a successful inaugural year. Join us on this journey.
Our Teaching Philosophy
- At Oxford Bright Scholars we pride ourselves on providing academic courses and materials of the highest standard. All our teachers are Oxford educated and apply their skills and experience to deliver teaching on par with Oxford standards.
- While we place high premiums on academic excellence, we understand that knowledge has limited use without practical implementation. Our teaching methodology is therefore designed to ensure real-world use as we incorporate relevant global issues and case studies into all our Summer School Programmes.
- In doing so, we believe that sharing our experience of studying at the University of Oxford and travelling to all corners of the globe with our students provides them with a platform to embark on their journey to becoming global citizens.
How You can Maximise Your time with Us
- Actively participate and share your experiences with your country and culture.
- Practise your Mandarin by speaking with locals.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. This is a rare opportunity to expand your worldview.
- Exchange contact details with international students that will be joining you on the programme. Make friends for life!
- Challenge yourself by thinking about how what you will learn applies to the real world.
- Use your initiative in our workshops to drive forward your future goals.
- Take lots of pictures and share them with your friends and family when you get home.
- Engage in conversation with our residential team who are made up of current students and recent graduates of the University of Oxford.
- It is important to note that Oxford Bright Scholars is not part of or otherwise affiliated to the University of Oxford.
- Oxford Bright Scholars was founded and is currently run by a network of alumni of the University of Oxford.
- Teaching staff on any Oxford Bright Scholars programmes are either currently tutoring and/or studying or are alumni of the University of Oxford.
- Guest speakers invited by Oxford Bright Scholars will hold lecturing and/or tutoring positions at the University of Oxford and/or are industry experts.
- Interactive classroom facilitators are alumni of the University of Oxford and have shown a long-term commitment to enterprise and innovation in their chosen field.
- The pastoral staff on our programs are current students at the University of Oxford, although they may be teamed up with local bilingual staff to ensure maximum care and attention is provided.
EC1V 2NX London, England, United Kingdom