Why Study at Walsall College?
At Walsall College, you will receive an amazing and unparalleled opportunity to experience living and learning in the UK at one of West Midlands biggest Government funded colleges. Our campus is state of the art, offering: 4 specialist learning decks in addition to a Learning Resource Centre; a gym; hair & beauty salon; a restaurant and 3 student cafes; and free wi-fi throughout our campus. Our experienced, qualified teachers are all native speakers with a first degree and are dedicated to deliver excellence to all students. In addition, we have a dedicated International Team who are there to offer you support and help with anything you need including travel arrangements, visas (we are UK Border Agency Highly Trusted Sponsors), registering with a doctor, police registration and opening a bank account! We are an award-winning college!
- AoC Beacon Award Winner for Efficiency through the Effective use of Technology in Further Education and Skills, so it is no surprise that we have free Wi-Fi access throughout our campus
- Matrix Excellence Awards & Black Country Quality Award in Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (Gold Standard)
- LSIS Leading the Learner Voice Awards 2 commendations. We listen to what our learners want and satisfy their needs.
- Walsall is a lively and culturally diverse town situated close to England’s second largest city, Birmingham
- Travel is easy and Walsall is only a 15-minute train journey to Birmingham, which is Britain’s second city
- In Birmingham, you will discover the Bull Ring Shopping Centre which is one of the largest shopping centres in the UK and has a huge range of shops, boutiques and restaurants
- Its central location ensures that moving around the Midlands is easy, with historic towns such as Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick less than an hour away
- We are also only approximately 1 hours away from London and 1 hour away from Manchester by train
- You will never be short of things to do, as there are endless opportunities for sport, entertainment and travel
What students have said about us
'The support I received from the International team was excellent, they are very friendly and helped me a lot.'
'The teachers are very patient and help the students a lot.'
'I am really glad I studied at the college it helped me to get used to the English way of life before starting university.'
'Walsall College provides a varied, creative and useful English course for students.'
Residential IELTS Programme
If you would like to come to the UK and study a short English Language programme then we have the course for you and your school or college. We currently run a range of English Language programmes from 8 week IELTS programmes to Pre-Sessional English preparation for University study through the year. We offer bespoke residential packages for groups of students from schools and colleges around the world. Our English Language programmes can be customised from 4 to 8 weeks dependant on your need. We can also arrange an IELTS exam on completion of your course.
We assist you with:
- assisting with writing letters needed for group visas,
- arranging group airport pickup services,
- finding host families with meals included
- arranging a social itinerary
- organising bus passes
- or any other support you need
A group of 36 students from Thailand recently visited Walsall College for 8 weeks studying an English Language programme. We found accommodation for each of the students and teachers with DBS checked local families, who found the experience of living with host families a valuable part of their cultural understanding of British Culture. All the students will be taking an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) English exam at the end of the course, as they chose Cambridge as their testing centre, the end of the exam was celebrated with an excursion.
Dr Choksaurin Jitchoknimit, IELTS Preparation Course Project Manager at Samufprakarn Assumption School in Thailand commented; "The course is very good and prepares students for IELT tests which they will need in order to go onto university. A group of students came here last year and we saw good results, so we decided to bring another group along this year. The campus is very impressive here, with good facilities for students to use. As well as studying, the students have been living with nice host families and have been given a real experience of British culture.”